The residence permit for exceptional reasons (of Law no 4251/2014 (art. 19) is granted to third-country citizens (besides the EU) who illegally reside in Greece, with the aim of bringing them into legal status, when certain conditions are met. A third-country citizen has the right to apply for a residence permit for exceptional reasons, as long as they possess public documents of a certain date, that prove the actual fact of their residence in the country, for at least seven (7) consecutive years before submitting the application or are the parent of a minor national and provide evidence of this parental relationship with the child(ren).
The permit granted to the above categories of foreigners has a duration of three (3) years and can only be renewed for one of the reasons provided for in the Immigration Code (Law no 4251/2014). Conditions for submitting an application, according to the aforementioned are: a) the possession of a passport, with the exception of third-country citizens objectively passport deprived, who will submit a responsible declaration instead of a passport or another travel document, b) the payment of an administrative fee of three hundred (300€) Euros, c) that the applicant does not have reasons that make him dangerous for public order and safety.
To prove the seven-year residence in the country, the applicant can indicatively present the following documents:
- proof of attendance at public educational institutions in Greece,
- requests for the granting of temporary or permanent residence permit or international protection status,
- copies of rejection decisions on requests for granting or renewing a residence permit,
- previous temporary residence permits regardless of their issuing authority,
- copies of previous tax returns from previous,
- copy of VAT return,
- proof of health insurance with a Greek main insurance organization,
- health booklets,
- electricity, telephone, water, and mobile bills in the applicant’s name,
- credit institution accounts,
- receipts of remittance transfers to the countries of origin, through credit institutions, intermediation companies in the transfer of funds, foreign exchange and payment service providers, in accordance with Law no. 3862/2010, which are supervised by the Bank of Greece,
- certificates of attending Greek language courses,
- administrative deportation decisions that have not been executed,
- copies of previous passports (all pages),
- declarations of notarial facts,
- receipts of hospitalization in public Hospitals,
- notarial documents drawn up in the presence of the applicant,
- excerpt from a book of offenses and incidents kept by a Police Department,
- official notes ordering departure from the country.
After the payment has been deposited (at this stage an advance payment of 30% of the total fee is paid), we will contact you to send us the required supporting documents, so that the process can proceed. If you are not sure that you have the necessary conditions, you can contact our office, either by phone (2313 079293) or by email (info@siopi–law.gr), before proceeding with the payment.